The Mosque of Jakarta Islamic Centre (JIC) was began to be built at the end of 2001 and initially used for Jum’at prayer on the 6th of September 2002, attended by Governor of Jakarta, H. Sutioso. Despite that the inauguration of JIC Mosque could only be carried out on the 4th of March 2003 by H. Sutioso. Occupying land of 2,2 Ha, this mosque is accommodated with main praying space, corridors, muzanin, closed verandah and plaza. This JIC Mosque can accommodate 20.680 people. The main area of JIC Mosque has 68 meters span without pillars, which constitutes the widest span in South East Asia.
The design of Jakarta Islamic Centre Mosque represents characteristics of the strength (Al-Jabbar), magnificent (Al- Mutakabbiru) and gentle and beautiful (Al-Latief). Hopefully the profile is capable of taking away the location’s old stigma through the philosophy of monumental building, which is contrast with the surrounding environment, weighing the greatness of Islam as well as hospitability and prompting Islamic community to perform religious devotion.
From the architecture point of view, this mosque is rich with Betawi nuance that is identical with Islamic nuance, and has 114 meters minaret which manifests the number of chapters in Al-Qur’an.
Mosque Administrator Program
- Organizing main worship activities in compliance with Islamic rules;
- Organizing studies in spiritual aspects of the respective religious devotion;
- Carrying out studies of classical and contemporary aspects of Islam;
- Carrying out Islamic holiday’s commemorations, which implying main worship values;
- Establishing Islamic kindergarten, Al-Qur’an pre-schools, and other facilitates of creativities and innovations and team building for Islamic youth;
- The study of Islamic preaching development complying with the trend and demand of modern era in order to be more effective and efficient;
- Managing the mosque professionally, effectively, efficiently orienting to building network among mosques and preaching institutions.
- Giving services of worship basic requirements and religious nee for people;
- Carrying out immediate response activities to people problems and humanity.